So I have been horribly busy and negligent, but I have actually written a list of blog posts that I will be writing in the near future. But for posterity’s sake here is a brief recap of what has been going on in my life that is worth mentioning and noting (for those of you who care about these things).
- My classes this semester are awesome and I have been learning so much that is both overwhelming and exciting. This also reaffirms my belief that I should go to grad school because damn I love learning, if not a little too much.
- I have solidified the list of grad schools and the programs that I am applying to. The process starts this summer and I am nervous, but also incredibly excited for what the future holds for me.
- I have to take another standardized test: the GRE. And I’m not looking forward to it, but I bought a 5lb book of practice problems so that should help.
- I’ve taken up swimming and it has been incredible. My friend E. thinks I am crazy when I get excited about going to swim my laps, but it’s a great way for me to exercise without sending my joints into a frenzied panic of discomfort and pain.
- I am staying in Ithaca this summer to work on a research project which is being funded by a summer scholars program! I anticipate that this might also result in an offshoot blog as well. Stay tuned. Needless to say, I am very excited about this.
- I also might have some summer internship possibilities as well, which is also incredibly exciting, so again, stay tuned.
- I am a finalist for my college’s annual research symposium for a paper that I wrote last semester, which is also incredibly exciting.
- I am feeling overwhelmed and overcome with a sudden boundless depth of creativity and drive to write and produce work. Which is only slightly problematic because classes and homework.
- I am pre-registered, and will soon be registering for my last semester of classes. I am graduating in December.
- I TURN 22 IN 10 DAYS?!?!
- I am feeling incredibly loved and supported by all of the wonderful people in my life. I feel so happy, and like I am finally finding my place in the world which some days almost makes me weep with gratitude.
And here is a taste of poetry (“Because” is the title) that resonates with me because of all of these things and then some.